Workshop 2 Blockchain
Workshop 2 Blockchain
Workshop 2: Blockchain - November 7
8:30 Registration and breakfast
9:00 Blockchain after the hype - how is blockchain changing?
- Challenges that financial institutions struggle with including financial crime, regulation and internal structures that might be helped with blockchain technology
- How institutions are transitioning to blockchain and what capabilities does blockchain have to make your business more efficient?
- Why is blockchain safe and what are the volumes traded?
- Costs of trading on blockchain and investment strategy
- Risks to consider and due diligence to perform
- A look at the current state of cryptoeconomics
9:45 Blockchain as a true asset class
- What is blockchain and how to trade it?
- Trading volumes and liquidity depths
- What are blockchain’s tradable assets?
- Blochchain enabled smart contracts
10:30 Morning coffee break
11:00 Blockchain risk management – is blockchain trading worth the risks it carries?
- How can we minimize the high risk blockchain brings?
- Liquidity risk and public exchange
- De-risking blockchain trading
- Potential illegal activity and how to spot it?
- Cryptofinance and the importance of privacy
11:45 Regulatory landscape of digital money
- Different regulatory agencies commenting on how blockchain is currently regulated
- Planned regulatory realistic timelines for blockchain and how they can these expectations can be managed by the industry
- New government and its initiatives to reduce regulations and how this can improve blockchain trading
- Which regulations are going to get cut?
1:30 Panel: Market trading, liquidity and pricing on blockchain
- How can small institutions trade with bigger blockchain players?
- What a typical liquidity description of assets traded on blockchain?
- Is blockchain undervalued and what is the true blockchain value?
- Struggles to convince banks to trade on blockchain – what are their main concerns and are they valid?
- Concerns shared by the high net worth investors
2:15 Benefits of distributed ledger technologies for financial industries vs legacy systems used by banks
- Instant settlements
- Improve capital optimization
- Reduction of counterparty risks
- Improved contractual performance due to smart contracts
- Increased transparency
- Increased financial solutions in times of crisis
- Reduced error handling and reconciliation
- The application of blockchain technology
3:00 Afternoon coffee break
3:30 Enterprise wide blockchain trading
- How Blockchain is changing global development programs
- Integration of blockchain to existing systems and frameworks including reporting and collateral management – how to integrate it with other systems
- Blockchain 2020
- How Bitcoin payroll & blockchain will affect the remote workforce
- Enhancement of blockchain across the world
5:00 End of workshop