Benefits of visiting
This Libor Summit USA will address how global firms are dealing with the implications of the transition to risk free rates on cash products, the treasury, the operations functions and the derivatives market.
Hear practical examples and case studies from leading firms, market makers and regulators and have all your questions answered.
Transitioning from Libor: attend the summit and be part of the leading global discussion in order to:
- Benchmark your preparations with your peers from leading banks and buyside firms
- Gain exclusive insight from leading ARRC members including MetLife, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, and Goldman Sachs
- Identify the cutting edge technologies paving the way for a smooth transition with interactive sessions led by KPMG and IntelScout
- Understand the for and against argument for Secured Overnight Financing Rate as well as proposed alternative reference rates
Learn from the pioneers paving the way for an alternative RFR exploring
- Key risks to consider as we approach end-2021
- Divergence in transition paths across markets and jurisdictions
- Dangers for corporate and asset managers in the transition
- Operational readiness
- Dawn of Alternative Reference Rates
- Contract negotiations
- Legacy contracts
- Implementing new Libor fall back provisions
- The trader’s view of volumes, products and trends
- Libor to SOFR
The RFR revolution
Regulators in the UK and US are pressing market participants to abandon the Libor family of benchmarks, and switch to new risk-free rates. In Europe, the plan is to rehabilitate the old rates. It’s not yet clear whether either ambition is viable. The only thing that can be said confidently is that the project will inject a huge amount of risk into some of the world’s biggest financial markets.